The College of Business and Law offers specific scholarships to University of Canterbury commerce and law students. Many more scholarships can be found on the UC Scholarships website
Scholarships for first-year students
The College of Business and Law provides scholarships to first-year Bachelor of Commerce and/or Bachelor of Laws students:
- Awards for Excellence ($5,000 for first year – up to $15,000 over three years)
- 2 x Māori Awards for Excellence (up to $15,000 over three years)
- 2 x Pasifika Awards for Excellence (up to $15,000 over three years)
- 2 x YES Student of the Year Awards (up to $5,000 for first year) - for students participating in a South Island YES programme, with one scholarship reserved for a Canterbury YES student
These scholarships recognise the academic and extracurricular achievement of New Zealand secondary school students.
Applications for UC scholarships normally open in June and close mid-August.
For the complete regulations and application forms go to the Scholarships webpages:
- College of Business and Law Awards for Excellence
- College of Business and Law Young Enterprise Scheme Student of the Year Scholarship - South Island region
Other Undergraduate Scholarships
There are a number of Undergraduate Scholarships available to students who are studying commerce, law and other subjects. Each scholarship has different eligibility criteria (e.g. subject/course, level, citizenship, age, gender, ethnicity, school, region). Check the regulations on the application form to see if you meet the criteria. Apply for all the scholarships you are eligible for, as it may be possible to hold more than one scholarship each year.
UC Business School annually awards UC Doctoral Scholarships and UC Master's Scholarships for students undertaking research degrees in the disciplines of Accounting and Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Management or Marketing. Scholarship applications will be assessed on academic achievement, but also on broader grounds, including any relevant professional experience.
For high achieving Law students, there are numerous scholarships and summer clerk positions offered by law firms as well as scholarships for postgraduate study.